Support Services are a vital lifeline to those experiencing homelessness
and poverty. If you are experiencing housing instability or are
in need of support, the following resources are designed to help:
King County 2-1-1 is the best starting point for people who are in need. King County 2-1-1 is a portal to an extensive database of community services, including food, shelter, housing, rent and utility assistance, legal assistance, financial assistance, governmental assistance programs, health care, employment, education and family support programs.
- King County 2-1-1: Dial 211 or 800-621-4636 (M-F 8am-6pm).
To visit their website, CLICK HERE.
- Emergency Weather Shelter List from 2-1-1, CLICK HERE.
ARE YOU EXPERIENCING A CRISIS?
For shelter and housing assistance, see next section.
- The WA Recovery Helpline provides emotional support 24 hours a day, and offer local treatment resources for substance abuse, problem gambling and mental health as well as to other community services. WA Recovery Help Line: 866-789-1511 (24/7)
- The 24-hour Crisis Line can link you you or your loved one to the appropriate services. 24-Hour Crisis Line: 866-4-CRISIS (866-427-4747).
- Teen Link is a confidential and anonymous help line for teens. Each evening from 6-10 PM trained teen volunteers are available to talk with you about any issue of concern. No issue is too big or too small! Teen Link: 866-833-6546< (Evenings 6-10pm.
- Additional resources and information is available at www.crisisclinic.org.
IN NEED OF SHELTER TONIGHT?
Call 2-1-1 or 800-621-4636 to check shelter availability.
IN NEED OF FAMILY HOUSING OR SHELTER?
Family Housing Connection provides referrals to housing and shelter for families experiencing homelessness (including services offered by Compass). To reach Family Housing Connection, call 2-1-1 or 800-621-4636 (M-F 8am-6pm). More information is available at www.ccsfhc.org.
IN NEED OF WOMEN’S HOUSING OR SHELTER?
The Women’s Referral Center offers shelter placement for women experiencing homelessness, including at our Hammond House Women’s Shelter. To request shelter placement, visit the Women’s Referral Center between 6-9 pm daily at 2030 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98101. Call 206-441-3210 to access their 24-hour helpline.
IN NEED OF VETERAN HOUSING OR SERVICES?
The King County Veterans Program connects low-income, homeless and at-risk veterans and their families to vital resources, including emergency financial assistance, housing assistance, employment services, case management, mental health referrals and other supportive services. Clients are subject to program requirements, length of service standards, and income guidelines. To schedule an appointment, call 206-296-7656. More information is available at the www.kingcounty.gov/socialservices/veterans.aspx.
IN NEED OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING?
HousingSearchNW is a free searchable database for those looking for affordable housing in their community. Properties can be searched by location, number of bedrooms, monthly rent and other factors one might consider in selecting housing. To access, visit www.HousingSearchNW.org.