What Is the Ambassador Council?
The mission of the Compass Housing Alliance Ambassador Council is to actively partner with our broader community to make progress toward attaining our vision of a world in which every person lives in a safe, caring community.
We do this by engaging our community with advocacy for societal changes and advancing Compass’s mission through engagement and education.
What Do We Do?
The Ambassador Council is comprised of a diverse group of community members who desire to be of service, expand their networks, and become ambassadors to the community on behalf of Compass and the people served by our work. The overall objectives of the Compass Ambassador Council are:
- Create Opportunities: Serve as an internal and external link for Compass to open doors to further the organization’s mission.
- Volunteer: Occasionally participate in various Compass-sponsored events and/or participate in community events as a Compass Ambassador, alongside Compass staff or other key stakeholders.
- Advocate: Engage in housing and human services advocacy to promote systemic and sustainable change.
- Support Compass: With the support of Compass staff, participate in fundraising activities all while making friends, connections, and a positive impact in our community.
- Learn & Educate: Increase their knowledge about issues of homelessness, poverty, barriers to stability/well-being, and housing affordability, and how Compass is addressing these issues with and for our community. Use this knowledge to educate and inspire others to action.
Who We Are
We are a diverse group of community members and Compass staff, some of whom have lived experience of homelessness.
“As a transplant to Seattle, I joined the Ambassador Council to better understand my new city and integrate with the local community. Every city, county, and state has very different advocacy ecosystems. This is a great way to get ears and hands on the ground for what’s most relevant here.”
“Over 100 years ago, the founders of Compass had the foresight to start an organization that gave back to its community. It’s an honor to be a part of that legacy and to work alongside passionate and smart people who share that same vision every day. Serving 5,000 community members each year, with the breadth and depth of services only an organization with our rich history may accomplish, is both inspiring and motivating.”
“I admire the effort from the community to push for a better housing system. When I joined the AC council it was due to I wanted to give back to an organization that showed me genuine love and support. I firmly believe in the mission and believe in the people that make this possible. I value the heart space and resiliency that the compass housing alliance stands for.”
If you are interested in joining our council or would like to nominate someone from your community, please reach out to Liz Jarrard at email@example.com or 206-474-1105.
Click here to read our info sheet. We’re always available for an exploratory conversation if you prefer, just reach out.
Click here to fill out the application. We’d love to hear about you – what you’d like to share with our community, and what you’d like to get out of participating.
How it works:
After your application has been submitted, you will be invited to a conversation so we can get to know each other. The Council will then consider and vote on your application. Those who are elected serve a two-year term (minimum). The average time commitment is 1-4 hours per month, including 8-10 meetings per year. Ambassador Council service projects occur approximately 2-3 times per year and are in person.