Our first Gratitude Week in November 2021 was such a resounding success that we’re doing it again!
Gratitude Week, November 7 – 11, 2022
We are truly grateful for the ongoing support from our community partners, our staff, our guests, our residents, and of course YOU! For our second annual gratitude week, we highlighting the diverse communities of supporters that make our work happen!
There are three great ways to participate in Gratitude Week:
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram as we tell some pretty amazing stories!
- Tour our new and improved Compass Multi-Service Center. Email Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Volunteer to bring an in-kind gift of food to Veterans at our Shoreline Veterans Center on Thursday, November 10 at 4:30pm. Our wonderful partner Dick’s Drive-In is doing a “burger drop” at that time and our Veterans would love to enjoy soft drinks and pre-made side dishes to go along with their tasty Dick’s cheeseburgers! Email Sam at email@example.com if you’re interested in learning more.
- Monday: Tour our new and improved Compass Multi-Service Center! Other dates are available as well.
- Tuesday: It’s all about our front-line staff, our leadership team will deliver gifts and treats to their program sites.
- Wednesday: Our community partners make us shine! We’ll be showing them some love.
- Thursday: Our 102nd Anniversary! We’ll focus on gratitude for the people we serve and the donors who help make our mission happen!
- Friday: In honor of Veterans Day, we’ve got some treats in store for residents at our Renton Veterans Center and Shoreline Veterans Center.
A special presentation in 2021 (recording below)
For our 101st birthday and the official close of our Centennial Celebration, we gave our supporters a gift! University of Washington researcher and author of the book “Homelessness is a Housing Problem: How Structural Factors Explain U.S. Patterns”, Gregg Colburn presented his new research about the true root of homelessness. After a Q&A session with Gregg, our very own Executive Director Mary Steele and LCSNW CEO David Duea joined us to talk about the state of Compass and where we’re going.
Read more about the book here.