Welcome to the 2023 Holiday Giving page! If you’d like to support Compass’s mission with a financial gift this holiday season, we greatly appreciate your support. Donations can be made online, via check, Donor Advised Fund, or stock.
As you plan for the holidays, you may also consider volunteering or donating gifts to Compass Housing Alliance to make the season brighter for the people we serve. We’ve got lots of ways to give back depending on how much time you have! See below for details.
We have an urgent need for winter clothing for our enhanced emergency shelter guests. Please click on the image below to go to our Amazon Wishlist if you can.
- Gifts for our individuals/families: Our primary need this year is gift cards for our residents! This way they can get exactly what they want for either themselves or their families. This is extremely empowering to them. You have two options to donate gift cards:
- Give to our Holiday Gift Fund. We’ll do the work of purchasing the cards. Simply go to our donate page and select “Holiday gift fund for Compass residents/shelter guests” from the “Designation” drop-down.
- Purchase gift cards directly. Purchase in $25 increments from Walmart, Fred Meyer, or Amazon, and contact us for details on how to get them to us.
- Other gift options: Check out our Holiday Gift Guide via our Amazon WishList (if you are ordering directly from this page, shipping straight to Compass is an included option just be sure to include your name so we know it came from you).
- Provide a holiday meal: Nothing says Happy Holidays like sharing a meal! Partner with us by helping sponsor a holiday party or by providing a meal at one of our 20 programs. If interested, please contact Sam at: Volunteer@compasshousingalliance.org.
Unwrapped gifts are needed no later than December 9th so that they can be wrapped at our holiday gift wrapping parties (info below). The Compass on Dexter office is our holiday hub: 220 Dexter Ave N, Seattle WA 98109. This is the central location we use for all holiday donations.
Invite your family and friends and join us for some holiday gift-wrapping and ornament-making fun! During these gatherings, we will be blasting our favorite holiday jams, drinking cocoa, and getting into the festive holiday spirit! This will be a great opportunity to spread some holiday cheer.
- Gift wrapping parties will be on:
- Thursday, December 7th
- Friday, December 8th
- Thursday, December 14th
- Friday, December 15th
- If interested, please Sign up here to reserve your spot. These will fill up fast, so sign up quickly!
“Deck the Halls” Decorating Spectacular
Deck the Halls, literally! This is a wonderful opportunity for you and your community to come and share some yuletide spirit. We invite you to decorate Christmas trees, hang lights, post holiday pictures, make paper snowflakes, and decorate wreaths. Join us and share your love of the holidays with your community to truly make it a decorating spectacular!
- Donations of decorations are highly appreciated! If that’s not possible for you, no worries, our programs are able to supply some. So please still sign up!
- Certain programs such as our Emergency Shelters require that volunteers be 18+. Other family housing programs are open to minors and are family-friendly so don’t fret!
- Decorating dates are dependent on need and inquiry.
- If interested, please contact Sam at: Volunteer@compasshousingalliance.org
Holiday Cookie Extravaganza
Love to bake? Love to see people smile? Then this opportunity is for you! Many of our guests and residents love cookies (who doesn’t?!), especially during the holiday season. So bake or bring your favorite store-bought holiday cookies and spread some joy!
- Cookies can be homemade or store-bought and should be bundled in sets of 24.
- You CAN make/bring other baked goodies (brownies, bars, etc.).
- We do not have freezer/fridge space for items that need to be stored cold, please do not donate baked goodies that *need* to be refrigerated.
- All homemade goodies MUST have a recipe card with them that lists the full list of ingredients. If your recipe contains nuts of any kind, please make a clear note.
- Please deliver cookies to our Compass on Dexter location before Dec 18th by 7:00pm. Compass on Dexter is located at 756 John Street, Seattle, WA 98109. Call 206-719-9137 and Sam will meet you to let you into the building. Early drop-offs are always welcome, so please contact Sam to coordinate at: Volunteer@compasshousingalliance.org.
- Sign up here to share cookies with our programs!