Making a gift of your time is one of the most significant and personally meaningful contributions you can make. Compass Housing Alliance offers recurring and one-time volunteer activities for both individuals and groups.
Find volunteer activities for yourself or your work, school, or church group.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities
As an individual volunteer, you build relationships through ongoing opportunities such as homework help and office support.
- Meal Service Support: Serve a nutritious meal at emergency shelters
- Childcare Support: Tutoring or childcare assistance
- Employment Support: Assist with job searches, resume creation, interview preparation, and more
- “On-call” Donation Delivery: Help transport in-kind donations to some of our 23 program sites
- Client Services Office Support: Assist with mailing and banking services during weekdays between 9:00am and 4:00pm
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Please note: Group activities must be arranged at least one full month in advance
- Meal Preparation & Service: Purchase, prepare and serve a meal for 40-80 individuals at one of our sites. Suitable for 3-8 volunteers, depending on the menu you choose. Choose from breakfast and dinner service opportunities.
- Meal Service: Serve a meal (dinner) provided by Operation Sack Lunch or FareStart to 40-80 people.
- Lunch To-Go: Prepare 100 sandwiches to be distributed at our day centers and emergency shelters.
- Beautification Projects: Help spiff up our sites with improvement projects like painting, deep cleaning, or yard work parties.
- Basic Needs Drives: Help collect bedding, towels, socks, and cold weather gear, toiletries, and more for guests and residents. Our Basic Needs Kits make things easy!
Interested in donating and serving a meal or working on a group project? Please contact the Community Resources Coordinator to learn about food guidelines & restrictions and which programs can currently accommodate group volunteers.