We know that faith and social justice are often intertwined in serving the community, as they frequently inform each other. Compass Housing Alliances partners with communities of all faiths to work toward a future in which every person lives in a safe, caring community and has a place to call home. We know that affordable housing and essential services are crucially important for all of our neighbors and that as a unified force we can make great changes in our communities.
We would love to speak to your congregations, outreach committees, learning groups of any kind, or during coffee hours. Please reach out to see what days our staff are available to join you!
Interested in hosting a donation drive? Click here to learn about our most needed items or view our Amazon wishlist to see the most recent list. With notice, we will happily create personalized flyers for your donation drives! Click here to view an example.
Learn about our holiday giving program here! If your congregation is interested in adopting a program during the holiday season, please reach out!
Faith in Action Partners are those who:
- recognize how important affordable housing & essential services are for all our neighbors
- know that a unified community can bring a great amount of change
- are interested in finding opportunities to serve as part of a community
- would like to receive updates regarding the work Compass is doing and the support we need and are interested in contributing to our mission as they can
- are interested in connecting with other faith communities doing similar outreach work and want to share best practices & exchange ideas
- are interested in learning more about the intersections of social justice, faith, institutional racism & nonprofits.
Thank you to our current Faith in Action partners! These partners support Compass by providing support with monetary gifts, advocacy, or in-kind donations ranging from hygiene supplies for our Hygiene Center & shelters, move-in kits for our permanent housing sites, meal support across all programs, immense holiday support, large quilt drives & more!
Compass is an open, affirming, and inclusive organization which offers services and employment without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, ability, military or veteran status, source of income or political affiliation.
Compass Housing Alliance was founded in 1920 as the Lutheran Compass Mission by Swedish immigrants, Reverend Otto and Mrs. Alva Karlstrom. Though our name has changed through the years, our goal – to provide a welcoming place for people in need – has remained the same. Compass Housing Alliance affirms our Lutheran and Swedish backgrounds not merely because it is our heritage, but because we find in the Lutheran tradition a strong support for the work of social justice.
For more information about how you can get involved, please reach Jennifer Marquette at 206-719-9137.